Slum tour in delhi is more than what you have watched through social media or watched in television. Once your initial apprehensions are cast aside, you can open your eyes to a growing hive of life, living, and small businesses. Upon meeting your guide, you will head into neighbourhood of delhi, where you will be able to experience the every day ongoings of this unique area. Numerous small businesses are thriving in every corner, from selling meats,fishes and chicken and handmade toys, to selling more than five thousand chapati a day in the city. Throughout your walk, you'll see how everyday life plays out with the members of the community within it. You'll see how they go to work, make their food, go home, and interact with everyone around them in this community. Along the way, you'll also learn the value of recycling. You'll see sourcing, treatment and reselling in the recycling process. It's a truly eye-opening experience in delhi.
- 650 INR per person
- Duration-2 hours.
- Doing everyday
- Meeting point-RAMAKRISHNA ASHRAM MARG METRO STATION,gate no.1 or 2
What makes this tour special
- A 2 hour guided tour to discover a place that's alive with small scale industries and small residences.
- Experience a wide range of businesses growing and thriving within the small area and see local commerce at work.
- Gain a more complete insight into the various commercial transactions that take place in such a locality.
- Feel the community spirit as you walk by the narrow alleys of neighbourhood, and see how lives are lived everyday.
- An English speaking guide will give you valuable information about the local culture and daily life.
- 9:30am/2:30pm meet up outside RAMAKRISHNA ASHRAM MARG, metro station,gate no.2 or gate no.1(on the blue line of metro)where the tour begins
- Your guide will take you through the alleys of neighbourhood to see local industries. See friendly locals and tiny tots waving from their roof tops and balconies
- Learn how the chain of recycling works from sourcing, to treatment, to reselling and about the local chapati factory
- 12:00pm/5:30pm reach to our office in paharganj,main bazar or return back your original meet up location where the tour ends.
What is included in the tour
English Speaking Local Guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)